Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Boden Nails It For Spring '11



I've been a fan of Boden's adorable childrens' line, Mini Boden, for years. The clothes are adorable, different, hip, use cool colors, and are such great quality that they last for two or more seasons.  And for boys that is saying something.  The girls stuff is super adorable, and I can't wait to start shopping Mini Boden for my new niece.

The line for women has been a different story for me.  In past years it has seemed, well, kooky.  I love bright colors but not in loud, large combinations.  Boden has seemed to be a mix of loud prints, huge 80s buttons, poofy skirts and sizing that always looks like it will be way too long. (They do not offer petites.)  Even with free shipping and returns, I never bit before.  And with prices similar or more than J. Crew of old, there never seemed to be anything worth the investment.

Fast forward to the newest catalogue.  As I leafed through, I found several things I like and I though could actually look good. A few straight skirts.  Tops that don't have patterns a girl would wear.  Cool color combinations.  And the prices seem to be a bit lower.  My purchases this spring will be limited, but I am seriously considering a few items.
Printed cotton skirt $68.00. Great colors.
Textured Cotton Skirt $78.00.  Has side pleats on front.
Breton Top $38.  This one boasts a lightweight fabric for summer.  Love the hint of red. Comes in seven colors.
St. Barts top. $68.00.  Several pretty colors like Soft Red, Menthe and Blue Wash.  No blush in sight. Those "lipstick nude" colors look horrible on me - I can't wait until they are done.
Casual Satchel $148.  This is leather and also comes in fuschia and tan.  Can be worn cross body. Boden's bags do usually seem nice, and I'm regretting not getting the RM Nikki knockoff they offered in 09.  This one looks like a nice substitute for the Sak Silverlake flap that seems to have changed to a lesser quality leather.

Do you like Boden for you or for your kids? Do you favor brighter colors or do you like the nudes and neutrals in vogue as of late?

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment