Monday, January 17, 2011

Reflecting on Dr. King

I want to briefly say something about Dr. King today.  I think that more than any modern figure, Dr. King's message resonates to each succeeding generation just as much as it spoke to the America of the 1960s.  We have come a long way with race relations since 1968; we still have a long way to go. But I believe Dr. King's message transcends race.  In these days of nasty political discord, we would do well to remember Dr. King's message of peace, equality and non-violent expression.  I think America has lost itself in its divisions at this moment.  Let us reflect on Dr. King's message and find ways in which we can come together as Americans despite our differences.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I hope all is well with you and your family, and wish you many blessings and much happiness for 2012!

    ReplyDelete