Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend Purse


Do you switch to a different purse on the weekends?  Until recently, I did not.  Once and a while, if going to a party, I will grab a clutch.  But truth be told, my clubbing days are well behind me.  My weekends now consist of chores, errands, kid activities, a work out and a nap if I'm lucky. A fun Saturday night is relaxing in bed with my fashion magazines with my dog by my side.

I noticed I was grabbing a few items out of my purse to take with me to the soccer game, or the scout activity, or the pool, or the playground, or the grocery.  I'm a person who historically does not lose things. However, lately my estrogen decrease  has made me absent minded.  That, plus losing my wallet for the first time ever, makes me paranoid about just grabbing my phone or wallet.  

I have several smaller cross body bags, including a Fossil, a Kate Spade and several vintage Coaches. I am reluctant to use these bags for activities that could be messy.  I needed an alternative.

I have been eyeing a nylon cross body bag to satisfy that need.  I've considered Baggallini and Lily Bloom. I  have a Le Sportsac weekender that I love; the fabric, zipper and overall quality is great.  My practical side gravitated to a solid color.  I have looked at the smaller Le Sportsacs several times but passed on them as too young and whimsical.

I was recently in Marshalls when I spotted this guy:

As you can guess, he came home with me.  The colors go with my wardrobe and the size is right.  The pattern is not what I would normally choose.  It is indeed young and whimsical and not really my style.  Too kooky.  Too Boden.  I broke it out this weekend and I LOVE it.  It has three deep pockets that can hold a surprising amount of stuff in an organized way.  Rainy weather? No problem.  I didn't have to worry about misplacing my stuff, I didn't have to worry about the bag getting dirty and my hands were free.  This bag will be so handy for the upcoming soccer season.  The only problem is now I want more!

What is your weekend bag? Do you have one that diverges from your weekday style?

No comments:

Post a Comment