Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Quest for a Silver Chunky Link Necklace

Part of the 70s renaissance we have been experiencing is the resurrection of gold jewerly.  I remember growing up everything was gold.  I have had gold jewelry on and off through the early 90s.  It doesn't look horrible on me. But somehow I formed a distinct preference for silver jewelry, and that preference stayed through the selection of my wedding set, which is white gold and platinum.  My diamond stud earrings are also set in white gold.

I think it is perfectly fine to mix metals, and I do it on occasion with costume pieces from Forever 21 and the like.  Rose gold is all right too and looks better on me than yellow gold.  However my preference is always silver, especially for anything that requires a bit of an investment.

The fact that J Crew does all of their jewelry in gold has saved me a lot of money.

I have been searching for a chunky link necklace in silver for about two years now. While paging through the latest Lands End catalog, I saw a nice looking chunky link necklace and bracelet.  And then I saw that it was also available in silver.   $39.00. Score!  Soon after that Lands End ran a 20% off code and the necklace was mine!



Sorry for the small picture.  I like the necklace a lot. The silver is a bright, white silver. The necklace is substantial and heavy, but it was not uncomfortable to wear.  It is definitely up to par with Lands End's usual quality.  I also like the fact that can always return Lands End purchases to Sears at any time for any reason.  (My local Sears no longer carries Lands End but you can return Lands End to any Sears that carries clothes).  Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment