Monday, October 25, 2010

Back After a Busy Break With an Outfit Backlog

Hi everyone! I know it's been awhile.  I have had some personal and family stuff going on this last month...a big birthday for my son,  holidays, an ill parent, a new niece -- it's been crazy. But I'm still here and I still have a lot to say.

Believe it or not, it's still not fall here in Missouri.  It was close to 80 degrees today.  Growing up, I do remember occasionally wearing shorts on Halloween.  And also winter coats.  Crazy midwestern weather is always a challenge for dressing.

I'll share with you some last outfits of summer.

The point of this outfit is that real people have to repeat their clothes.  I don't always have something new to wear.  I've worn this black and white sleeveless Merona dress for you before.  I have a Tahari flowy cardigan over it. However, what made this outfit were some snappy red accessories.


Red lips. A great accessory.  This is Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Raspberry.


Red crystal bracelet. It's brighter in real life.


Not red, but Nine West gladiator sandals.


Red beaded statement necklace, from JC Penney.  It's a brighter red in real life.


Piece de resistance: Hayden Harnett Lorca in Ruby. Bought during one of their super duper sales.

Next:







I love purple, especially against neutrals.  NY and Co. tank and cargo pants.  Gap cardi. Payless wedges.  Rebecca Minkoff Mantinee satchel (purchased from someone on a blog).  Do you wear rolled cargos? I never thought I would and now they are one of my most favorite trends.

Next:

Random work outfit. Loft cardi, pants and scarf with the RM bag.  My preciousssss.  In winter I tend to wear black pants to work several times a week. I'm trying to break out of that this year.




I wore this outfit to one of my sister's baby showers.  The aforementioned NY and Co. gray cargo pants, a Talbots Jacket, J Crew silk cami and Coach outlet bag.  I have on a chain necklace from Forever 21. I think I wore the purple peep toes with it.  The shower was at a chic dessert restaurant in St. Louis and so much fun.




Another nod to my preppy heritage.  Talbots yacht skirt and kelly green flats, Lauren polo shirt, J Crew Tartine sweater and vintage Gucci courtesy of my mom.



Tucker for Target blouse, black linen pencil skirt, Old Navy belt (it had a bow on it that I cut off) and Coach outlet bag.

Well, I guess we're all caught up! Thanks for stopping by.  How are you transitioning to fall?

2 comments:

  1. Really love the navy and kelly green - beautiful.

    And that Hayden Harnett Bag??? I die!!!!! I need to watch for those sales better - I almost pulled the trigger on one last day - for the after Xmas sale...but waited, and wished I hadn't. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous in every outfit! Thanks for taking the time to take and share all the pics. :)

    I do roll my cargos now, and my jeans, and my khakis. It felt weird at first but now I also love doing it.

    I am starting to wear more of my cardigans now, plus an occasional blazer or jacket every so often since fall is *supposedly* here. Soon I will break out my knee boots, too.

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete