Saturday, October 30, 2010

Havianas On Sale At Gap - Sizing Tip

Have you tried Havianas?  I think they are all right.  They are definitely stylish and some have great patterns, but they aren't my most comfortable flip flop.  That honor goes to the Teva Mush.  I really don't wear flips that much.  I think they are terrible for feet and I mostly limit them to the pool and around the house.  I hate to think of the future foot problems of the flip flop generation!  Tell your college student to go into podiatry for a lucrative career. . .

Back to the Havianas.  The first two pairs of Havianas I bought were way too big.  That is because the U.S. sizing listed on them is totally wrong.

Look:


The white shoe on the left is too big. The black one is the right size. It's hard to tell from the pic.


It says "USA 7/8." I wear an 8.  So why is it huge? Look at the European size: 41/42.  I know that my size 8 is usually a European 39. 41 is way to big, and so was this shoe.  I have no idea about the Brazilian size.  Now look at the one that fits:

It says "USA 6," but no way is this a 6.  Note "EUR 39/0."  Now that's my size.

So disregard the USA size when buying Havianas and go with the European size.  No wonder  Gap had so many left.  Everyone thought they were really a size 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment