Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Body Type

One reason I'm doing this blog is that I have not found many bloggers who have a body type similar to mine. You don't have to be like me to enjoy this blog (and hopefully to get something out of it), but if you are, I'd love to hear from you.

I had put off doing this blog until I lost some weight. I've decided that defeats the goal of showing a real life person. Most of us struggle with our weight, right? Future posts will probably discuss the inevitable body image and weight loss issues. Suffice it to say that at this stage of the game my weight loss (and fitness) are health focused more than anything else. I have some health issues impacted by weight and I have a five year old son who I want to see grow up. Enough said.

I am an hourglass with a large bust on a smaller ribcage. I tend to gain weight most in my stomach. I'm also short waisted. I'm 5'3" and a half but I'm big boned for my height and I have bulky muscles. Finally, I have wide feet. All of this makes it super hard to find clothes and shoes that fit.

Contrary to Charla Krupp's suggestion, I refuse to wear shape wear unless it's a special occasion. I'm sure it would look better but it would be too hot and uncomfortable, plus I just don't think it's healthy to constantly compress everything. I do wear slips, and if I can get the younger generation to do that, then I will have accomplished something!


No comments:

Post a Comment